1.All of us should be concerned with public _____（事务）to make our society a better one.
2.Nowadays people have to pass various tests for professional _____（证书） so that they can be qualified for a well-paying job.
3. He may be good at football, but he is very _____ (笨拙)on the dance floor.
4. When human friends desert us, good books are always ready to give us friendship, sympathy and e_____.
5. The foundation would like to launch programs for providing _____ (援助) for poor areas and for disease control and prevention in Africa.
6. I hope we will have the strength to bear the difficulties and disappointments and bear them with _____ (尊严) and without self-pity.
7.He is a well-edacuted man and behaves _____ (高雅).
8. Do you believe that the photo - electric reader be capable of s_____ characters at the rate of two thousand a second?
9.Not everyone think it is ridiculously _____ (荒谬的)to predict that the sun will not rise tomorrow.
10. It is reported that a couple who separated after 40 years of m_____ split their house in two.
11. I want an e_____ for why you have refused to eat these nice fresh cod.
12. ---I heard that your brother got d_____.Is that true?
---Not so bad,but he dose have problems with his wife.
13. F_____ Germany, Einstein went first to France, then to Belgium, and then to Britain.
14.In my opinion,this journey, like all the ones mentioned above, was _____ (纯粹)imaginary.
15. The poor old couple began to regret the _____ (购买) of such a large house at so high a price.
16.Who will in charge of the distribution of food and clothing to the flood vivtims?
17. We all think that the repairs to the school will be _____ (提供资金)by the local educational department.
18.Many people thought he should remain and _____ (讲课)in Europe to influence society.
19.My new boss used to be a travel _____ (代理人)in a famous city.
20. Life can be compared to a journey with an unknown _____ (目的地).
This novel,____ TV from the American original, is very popular among young students.
2.I know the warning systerm will work well because we have ____ it ____ many times.
3. Take heart and wee are sure to ____ these difficulties sooner or later .
4. I ____ to see if you were at work but no one answered my phone.
5.Just then I heard my name called. ____, I found my former English teacher similing at me.
6. You must always keep your mind fresh by ____ some time for exercise.
7.Hearing the news that he was fired , the young man ____ despair.
8. It is time that we ____ and got ready to start out.
9. The old man on duty ____ having seen the accused enter the building.
10. I don't really work here;I am just ____ until the new secretary arrives.
11. It is necessary for us to ____the likely result before we decide to do anything.
12. We had several anxious hours waiting for our wet clothes to _____.
13. She ____her head from the window and called for help.
14. The doctor's advice was that the patient ____ at once.
15. I have never done this type of work before; I'm not sure how I will ____.
16. It is you teachers’s duty to make the new students ____in your school.
17. Here are my reasons for believing I am ____ the position of branch manager
18. At first man ____the places where the food and water were plentiful.
19.Why did the president refuse to comment on the election results at the news conference?
20 The symptom of jetlag often persists for several days while the internal body clock slowly ____ the new time zone.
1. The truth is that she did everything she could save her sons from the big fire but in vain.
2. We have no choice but work hard to try to find a solution to make sure that we save our economy.
3. My English teacher is said to be studying abroad, but I don’t know what country he studied in.
4. The doctor noted that the oral drug would significantly reduce the amount of time patients needed being treated.
5. As we had had a long walk through one of the markets of Old Delhi, we stopped having a rest at a square.
6.I wonder whether the way you thought of making the water clean makes any sense.
7. Having stood with great difficulty from the ground, the wounded soldier rushed in the war, never being heard from again.
8. On Monday, former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif also said he wants the vote holding next week.
9. The introduction of modern equipment to the company led to a great many workers laid off.
10. Tim Bemers-Lee is generally considered to set up the World Wide Web, on which all theinformation is shared by all．
11.Caught cheating in the exam cost him the chance to be promoted.
12. He escaped punishing by taking advantage of his position,which caused a bad influence among the citizens.
13. We have long known that the reasons why President Bush and his team gave for going to war in Iraq were false
14. The couple saw a new movie at the theatre, after that they had dinner at a Chinese restaurant.
15. There is very strong evidencethat the degree in which you maintain your mental faculties depends on a handful of quite simple environmental factors
1. affairs 2. certificates 3. clumsy 4. encouragement 5. assistance 6. dignity 7. elegantly
8. scanning 9. absurd 10. marriage 11. explanation 12. divorced 13. Fleeing
14. purely 15. purchase 16. distribution 17. financed 18. lecture 19. agent 20. destination
1. adapted for 2. tested; out 3. smooth away 4. rang up 5. Turning aroud 6. setting aside 7. abandoned himself to. 8 packed up 9. witnessed to 10. helping out
11. reflect on 12. dry out 13. stuck out 14. be operated on 15. fit in 16. feel at home
17. qualified for 18. settled in 19. comment on 20. adjusts to
1. save改为 to save 2. work 改为 to work
3. be studying 改为 have studied 4. being改为to be
5. having 改为 to have 6.making 改为 to make
7. never being 改为never to be 8.holding 改为 to be held
9.workers后加being 10.to set 改为 to have set
11.Caught改为Being caught 12.punishing 改为 punished
13.why 改为 that 14.that 改为 which 15.in改为to